Thursday, April 14, 2016

March Challenge~ Clay and Resin

This was both a failure and a success.
It started out great, but I had to walk away and he tipped to the side as the resin cured. There was no saving it now. I did the best but got confused on the resin make I was using and using different resins left a cloudy appearance to the piece.


 I did my best to sculpt it into something resembling the original project picture...


Since I was already doing Vaporeon in water, I decided to work this Pin as well.

It came out so much better. Maybe it turned out better because of it's Chibi size style.
It still needs it's flowers. One problem may have been the time factor. I really should've worked on this when I had the proper time to devote to watching these pieces. Resin needs to be babysat to make sure it comes out the way you want. I left it unsupervised, and like a rowdy teenager, it did what it wanted and all I could do was my best to clean up after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment