Saturday, April 30, 2016

April's Challenge: Conclusion

I set aside the blue one and began again in Lizabeth Charcoal. The reason for this is the beads. They was too much discrepancy between the sizes that it was awkward to work.  
Even though the thread size is the same, I had better results when I got beads closer in size. Another obvious mistake is the loading of the seed beads. I still like how it turned out. Once again I began with tatting the non-beaded butterfly then the beaded one. This time around, I didn't have any thread waste.
 The antenna was made with 32 Gauge silver wire.

 The most frustrating thing was the actual "weaving" of the extra beads. I broke at least 4 needles. Today while purchasing new beads to finish this, I came across these needles in the beading section of Joann's Fabrics and Crafts store. They are large eye beading needles. They are not cheap, luckily, I had a 60% coupon that took the sting out of buying them. I don't bead, so in all honesty, I can't say if they're expensive or not but $7 for two needles is expensive to me. These wonderful needles held up to the stress of running the thread several times through the beads, with the help of some pliers.
I highly recommend watching the videos while making this for the first time. Without it for reference I would have sewn in the beads completely wrong. I will have to make this at least once more. I had it in mind to gift this. However, the first finished one I'm keeping for myself.  This is a beautiful pattern and I wished she also gave instructions on how to make the matching band to turn it into a ring. I'm going to have to visit her patterns for sale and add to my pattern collection.

1 comment:

  1. how did I miss this? sorry. it is beautiful and worth all the frustration and hard work. well done.

    ReplyDelete